Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What we ate for dinner today

Today was a weird day. On the menu was bbq chicken sandwiches but I didn't have the buns or the bbq sauce and since I didn't make the red beans and rice yesterday I thought I'd make that.
But I didn't.
Instead  I made orange chicken. much easier. Russ just ate a big ol' plateful but I made sure he got some corn and I had some with top ramen and cucumbers.
I'm not quite sure how much the orange chicken cost. The chicken was just popcorn chicken we got at Costco. The bag was about $7 and if we used 1/7 of the bag which sounds pretty close really, it would be 1.00
And the sauce, we got at costco a long time ago and have been slowly using it up. I think it was 3.50 but we've used it at least 10 times and it's not even 1/2 empty so...i dunno what that equals.
The corn was .40
The cucumber was .50 and I ate about 1/4 of it which is I dunno less than .15
(I'm not in the mood to do math here. Can you tell?)
The top ramen was .15
That's cheap I don't care what you say.  If we went to Panda Express it would easily be over $10. The dinner was cheap and easy. Not quite sure how healthy but we got some veggies in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment