Friday, February 19, 2010

I actually followed my plan!

I made spaghetti tonight! I asked Russ what he wanted for dinner and he told me to just make a decision and stick to it. So I said, okay. and I stuck with my first decision. yay me. While cooking, I started to worry that it was turning out to be expensive. But I was wrong.
The spaghetti:
ground beef was 1.95
spaghetti sauce was .79
pasta (I didn't have spag noodles so I just used bow tie which I bought for a dollar and this was the second meal I've used them for. I used about 1/4 the bag the first time and 3/4 the bag this time) .75

The zucchini was .33
The garlic bread was 2.20 for 8 slices and I used 4 so that's 1.10
Total:  $4.92
Just under my goal of $5.00! Plus, there's a ton on leftovers. easily lunch tomorrow and Sunday.
Plus Plus, Olive Garden's Spaghetti cost $9.95. And that's just for one, not counting drinks Russ and I would order if we went there. Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment