Friday, February 26, 2010

random thoughts

So as far as dinner tonight, well... I was supposed to be at work at noon today so I was going to throw chicken in the crock pot.  So I set my alarm for 10:30 this morning and well,  I work up at 11:30! So I had to rush off to work and didn't get the food ready. So Russ ate his leftovers from lunch and I got some soup and salad from work that were FREE because I won $10 at work, so I bought dinner for me and some chicken that was on sale, 3 lbs for $5.00. And on this topic, I realized something. My receipt says I saved 5.00 because the chicken is normally sold at $9.99. But I would NEVER pay that! So I didn't save $5.00! Normally I would by chicken for 1.88/lb. I really only saved like $0.64. Not quite as impressive but it's more realistic. Anyway, I got it for free, so I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment