Monday, March 1, 2010

I made smoothies!

I've been wanting to make and freeze smoothies for a while now. 1 reason is because I have a HUGE bag of frozen berries I got at costco a long time ago and am still trying to find uses for all of it so I thought this would be a good use for a big chunk of them. The second reason is breakfast is a big struggle for me. I grew up not eating breakfast. I just didn't do it! And now that I'm realizing how important breakfast is, I am trying to eat better, but it's still so hard for me. I have a lot of 'digestive issues' so there's a lot of things I can't eat in the morning, plus
I'm a picky eater, plus I'm not in the tiniest littlest bit a  morning person, so I'd way rather sleep in an extra 15 minutes than get  out and eat. hands down.So breakfasts are hard for me.
So I've been wanting to make these for a while, and the other day I accidentally bought a pk of vanilla yogurt which I can't stand on it's own, so I thought to myself, Perfect for smoothies! I made smoothies today. I didn't really have a recipe, I just kind of threw things in the blender. I used:
4 cups of berries (i haven't the faintest clue how much it cost because I bought this so long ago, I can't remember what I paid for it!)
4 cups of yogurt 1.00
honey FREE (this was a christmas gift from Russ's mother. Yup for christmas she gave us food storage!)
Bananas .70
pinapple 1.00 I just used a little less than 1/2. I'll eat the rest tomorrow for lunch, so I'll say .50
Total: $2.20 + price of berries...
This made 4 smoothies plus 4 Popsicles.
That is definitely not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment