Sunday, March 14, 2010

Menu Planning

Monday: tortellini with alfredo sauce and a garden salad (meatless!)
Tuesday: Chicken oreganato with snap peas and tomato slices
Wednesday I work late
Thursday: pineapple chicken kabobs with rice.
Friday: Easy dump and go chicken with noodles and whatever veggies need to be eaten.
Saturday I work late.

And I think I've devised a plan as to how to motivate me to follow my meal plan. Defrost meat in advance. If the meats defrosted then if I don't cook it, it'll go to waste and meat is expensive so I really wont want to waste it. You know? So I can take out my chicken drumsticks on Monday so they'll be defrosted on Tuesday and I'll also take out my chicken breasts of the kabobs as they need to defrost so I can cube them and then they need to marinate. So on Wednesday they'll be ready and I won't be able to put it off and give myself an excuse not to cook. A big part of my problem (besides my awful kitchen) is that it will take So Long. When I think that I'll have to defrost chicken, prepare something and then cook it for like an hour...I get exhausted just thinking about it. So if at least one step is done, maybe I'll be more inclined.
It went pretty well last week. I made 4 of my planned dishes- bbq chicken sandwiches, teriyaki burgers, steak salad and chicken and stuffing. I think that's a record for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment