Friday, March 5, 2010

Constantly learning!

I'd like to think I know more than the average person about being frugal. I mean, being a checker I see about 500 people a day (not an exaggeration) and I see how they spend their money. And let me tell you, I sometimes see someone impress me with their frugality and "finagling"  but WAY MORE often I see people buy things and think to myself, really? You sure you want to pay that for that?!  Anyway, I know a lot, but I am still learning. I read some of Amy Dacyczyn's Tightwad Gazette, (I browse through this, not quite up to her level!) and she explained that yeah a box of cereal might be cheaper than this other brand of cereal, but is it cheaper than eggs for breakfast? That never donned on me! Why go with the cheaper of the more expensive? Does that make sense?
Anyway, so Capri Suns were on sale at work. I like capri suns, they bring me back to childhood and they're good. Plus they're portion controlled which with something sugary like that is a big bonus. So a box was on sale for $1.25, which is a pretty good deal considering they're normally $2.40. But are they cheaper per oz than a big bottle of juice than I can pour out 6 oz for myself? So I did a little recon and yes, actually per oz they are cheaper than any other kind of juice. And ok, they're not cheaper than water outta the tap, but that gets old! I've recently given up my 3 can a day diet coke habit (not cheap and not healthy!) so I've been relying on water for my HUGE thirst. So, I bought 4 boxes of Capri suns.
They're cheaper than any other juice, they're cheaper than bottled water, they're cheaper than soda and energy drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment