Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I went shopping today.

Last night I couldn't fall asleep so I daydreamed (you know what I mean) about all these delicious vegetables I should add to my salad for tonights dinner. So this afternoon, I couldn't help go to the store to pick up said veggies. I bought a smidge more than I planned.
 Before I left, I looked in my freezer (which is slowly and slowly depleting in inventory!) and saw that I didn't have any frozen meals for lunches at work. I try not to eat them, but when I'm late for work they're pretty handy to grab and go for lunch. So I bought some. And then I might as well get what I needed for dinners next week. I'm already planning ravioli in Alfredo sauce and so I picked up that. Actually, I bought tortellini because it was cheaper. Then I wanted garlic bread to go with it. Then I wanted a pkg of frozen rice because so often I want to make rice but chicken out because of the time and the skill (I'm really bad at cooking rice. Don't know how I screw up so much!) so I thought I'd give this a try since it was only $1. Then I got my veggies: a carrot, snap peas and some button mushrooms.
The half the carrot will go into tonights salad and half I'll chop up for veggie sticks in another dinner. and 1/2 the mushooms will go to veggie kabobs later in the week too (which should also use up the red onion and yellow pepper in the fridge) and the snap peas, Russ will eat later.
Oh, also I really wanted some pop tarts. I know they are so not good for me, but when you have a craving... you know.
My total came to $19.60

by the way, I bough the Healthy Choice Lobster Ravioli meal and it was gross. gross gross gross! Don't even bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment