Monday, January 25, 2010

Really? No grocery shopping...at all?

Just 1 day after I made my valiant proclamation that I'm not going to go grocery shopping at all this week, I wavered. Working at a grocery store has many pros but many many cons. So when I went to work today I saw that ground beef in one sale. It's a good deal too. And ground beef is a staple really. I can throw it into the freezer and make next week or next month. Plus, I only have 1 lb of g. beef in the freezer, that I know of. There might be one hiding-goodness knows how easily is it for stuff to get lost in there. So I'm debating. It's not like g. beef will never go one sale again.
There's another good deal. Progresso soup, Hamburger helper, Green Giant frozen veggies,  and something else...anyway it's 10 for $10. And I love soup, and the other stuff can really come in handy you know. And normally I have tons of progresso soup coupons, but it seems I'm currently out. At work I was daydreaming about all the coupons I could pair with this deal and the savings I would earn but then...I don't need any more soup. I have lots and even though they last for eons, it will go on sale again. Or another brand will go on sale. And i'll get that at a good price. Plus I don't need the other stuff. I didn't buy anything. I'm proud of that progress.
Still not sure about that g. beef tho.
thoughts?

Anyway, I made that Greek chicken like I planned. That makes me happy. and considering the chicken was 3.76 which will last 2 meals, the rolls were leftover and the salad we established is mere pennies, I'm quite happy. I think the total comes to around $3.40.
Pretty good. pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment