Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meal Planning

Boy this week is going to be crazy.
Russ and I were in NV all weekend helping his brother and sister in law move. We got back late last night so I didn't plan anything till today.
Plus- our freezer is packed to the max. And I ran out of chicken last week which is my go-to protein.
So I'm going to have to be a little creative.

Tonight we had: Pot stickers from the Cook This Not That cookbook. It was yummy!
                    (The pot stickers were from the freezer. All this recipe really is btw, is Boil pot stickers for 8 min. Then saute mushrooms- I used shitake- in some oil. The recipe calls for peanut oil, but all I had was canola so that's what I used. Saute them for 2 minutes or so then add the cooked pot stickers. Leave them alone to brown for 2 minutes. Then turn them over and add snow peas. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 Tbsp rice vinegar. Cook for 1 min more. Can top with sesame seeds and scallions. voila.)

Wednesday:  Pineapple pork chops from slow cooker, seasoned rice, veggie mix from freezer.
Thursday: (i work late, Russ is on his own.)
Friday: Roasted Greek Chicken (from Kraft recipes), corn, carrots, rolls
Saturday:  Quesadillas with leftover chicken from fri

No comments:

Post a Comment