Sunday, January 24, 2010

Last Week's Plan

So every week, or almost every week I make a meal plan concerning what to serve for dinner. In the beginning this was more of a guideline and I didn't stick to it word by word. But then I started to have a change of heart/plan and I've been wanting to follow my plan closer. Now I want to give an honest account for what we did have for dinner last week.
Tuesday we had the pot stickers as planned.
Wednesday I planned to make pineapple pork chops but I didn't have any more boneless pork loin chops in the freezer, but I did  have Lime pepper dump pork chops in the freezer. Since I've been wanting to use up the stuff in the freezer, so I made those instead. The recipe wasn't that good. I won't make it again. I did make seasoned rice, but while it was cooking it smelled funny, so I made garlic bread too. The rice turned out fine, so we had a little of each. (I ate the rest of the rice for lunch the next day.) And I served it with corn and tomato slices.
Thursday I didn't plan anything because I thought I'd work late, but I got off earlier than I thought. So I made lasagna, garlic bread and salad. See previous post about that.
Friday: I had taken out a whole roasting chicken from the freezer a few days earlier and it still wasn't thawed all the way which made me too nervous to cook it. So I switched the plan and made Honey glazed dump chicken instead which was delicious. I served it with rolls and broccoli and cheese mix from the freezer.
Saturday's plan depended on the leftovers from friday's dinner. So Russ and I went to Panda Express.

Hopefully I do better this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment