Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I thought I was frugal...

I think of myself as a frugal person. I use coupons (on the stuff I would buy anyway), I shop at more than one store, I shop by what's on sale. All of those rules. But here's the thing: I ran out of chicken. Normally when I run out of something like that- a staple in my kitchen. I run right out and replace it. But this week I didn't. I don't really have any and I mean any room in my deep chest freezer to put more chicken in. I don't know. I mean, if there's so much stuff in my freezer, why don't I eat that? I don't need to go out and buy more when I have SO much already. Am I rambling? I feel like I'm rambling. My point is, I think I don't have any chicken, but when I did go through my freezer I found:
a roasting chicken- I'm going to make a roasted chicken one day, shred up the rest and make quesadillas the next day.
Teriyaki dump chicken and
Chicken and Rice Pilaf- these are freezer meals I made a while back . I didn't really forget they're in there, but for some reason I keep wanting to 'save' them for times when I 'need' them. Well, I need them now. We'll eat these next week.
AND I found another packet of chicken breasts. Haha. So I found enough chicken for five meals! I don't need to go out and buy more chicken for two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment