Sunday, October 11, 2009

Menu Plans

Menu planning is hard! I want to use up all the produce items so they don't go to waste, but I also don't want the same veggies every night. Plus the microwave at work is busted so last week, I was at a loss at what to have for lunch that didn't need nuking. This led to me buying lunch way too often! I decided the best way to avoid this is to start planning lunch as well. It's taken most of the afternoon, but I finally think I've come up with a (healthy) easy plan I can actually follow.
Monday:
Lunch: Chicken Tuscany soup with carrot sticks
Dinner: grilled veggie sandwich
Tuesday:
Lunch: Chef salad
Dinner: Chicken pineapple kabobs
Wednesday:
Lunch: veggie and cheese bagel sandwich with grapes
Dinner: (I work late)
Thursday:
Lunch: Broccoli and cheese soup with crackers
Dinner: Herb and garlic tilapia with seasoned rice
Friday:
Lunch: green smoothie
Dinner: BBQ pork ribs with potatoes and corn
Saturday:
Lunch: deli plate with apple
Dinner: Bruschetta Chicken and side salad

3 comments:

  1. I think you are doing great for starting out at this whole no wasting and meal planning thing. You inspired me. I'm making up a list for the store tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is living on a very tight budget so I'm always interested in economical, healthy recipes and grocery shopping tips. I just love MPM!
    Looks like your family is going to have some delicious meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I'm super excited that I can inspire others! I've gotten really passionate about saving money and still eating healthy and delicious meals.

    ReplyDelete