Friday, October 30, 2009

Food waste...Friday

Boy have I been slacking lately! Sorry about the late (and non existent) posts. I've just been in one of those funks lately...
This week I wasted 1/2 a zuccini, 1/2 a stoffers lasagna--one of the small ones at least, about 4 oz strawberries and about 1 bowl of soup- It was progressos creamy chicken and rice, and it was so gross I couldn't even finish it!
What's not in this pile: the last of the orange pepper! I made chili this week and the recipe called for green pepper. I had used 1/2 an orange pepper earlier this week, and was about to get in my car to buy a green pepper when I realized what I was doing! I switched out the orange pepper and my chili was delicious- plus it made a great lunch today. I was so proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment