Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lunch for tomorrow


 I could probably eat for a dollar a day if I ate nothing but junk. I really think I could. It seems the healthier I want to eat, the more expensive it is. It's a balancing act, I guess. What really helps is meal planning. No one can say it enough. Here is my lunch for tomorrow. I have a tuna sandwich on arnold thins I got on sale. Some cucumber slices and carrots, some cheddar cheese and a plout. I honestly can't say how much this cost me because well I don't know how I'd figure out how the plout and cucumber cost me since I got it with the whole bountiful basket package. I bought the tuna so long ago I don't know what  I paid. The bread was 2.50 for 8 'buns' so thats...$0.32. The cheese- I can't remember probably 0.33. The carrots came in a huge package of like 3lbs. I just don't know how to do that math. Anyway, I can tell you it's cheper than eating out and it's way healthier for me. I'm kind of excited to use this container too. My sis gave it to me a long time ago and it's been sitting in my cupboard. I've been reading all about these bento boxes and such. I saw this today and decided to pull it out. It kinda does help see the components: the main sandwich, the veg and the fruit, and keep it balanced. I'm pretty excited.

The rest of the week's meal plan is coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment