Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bountiful Basket Pickup Day! Day 2

I am really digging this bountiful baskets deal. Today was pick up day- bright and early at 7:00! I raced over there this morning and back to be at work at 8:00. It's so worth it.
In case you've never heard of them before- it's $15.00 for a regular order, $25 for all organic and then you can get extras like blueberries and bread. I just stick with the basic basket and then it's $1.50 for tax. It comes in 2 laundry baskets 1 full of veggies and 1 full of fruit.
So for a total of $16.50 I got all of this.
Here we have:
3 english cucumbers
1 bunch (I think of 6 or 7) bananas
1 head of romaine
5 lbs yukon potatoes
7 ears of corn
1 mini watermelon
1 pineapple
1 bunch of red grapes
1 head of broccoflower 
6 peaches
3 tomatoes
9 plouts 

I definately think it's worth $16.00. In the weekly ad at my favorite market, mini watermelons are 2.50, pineapple is 0.78/lb, grapes are 1.98/lb, and peaches are 1.18/lb. If I bought this there, it would add approx $11.00!
Now, I don't buy cucumbers or lettuce for more than $1 ea so that's another $4. Or ears of corn for more than 0.25/ea. Add that to the total above and I'm already at $16.50!

That doesn't include the potatoes, broccoflower, plouts or tomatoes!
Even if they were a dollar each, that'd make my total over $20.

Plus Bountiful Baskets are kinda fun because you never know what you're going to get. I've heard of broccoflower and plouts before but I've never had them before. I tried a plout and they're quite yummy. I probably never would have bought them otherwise! I'm pretty excited to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment