Friday, April 16, 2010

I love free stuff!

My mom calls me the queen of free stuff. I get tons of free samples in the mail! I know there's a bit of a debate in the frugal world about free samples (the frugal girl wrote something on this) and I guess I get her point but the only one I agree with is the packaging. However, packaging has yet to deter me. For dinner today I had 2 Jack in the box tacos, an order of fries and a Vitamin water. I paid a total of $1.06 for this! I got a coupon for a free vitamin water and today Jack in the Box gave away an order of free small fries all day. You didn't have to purchase anything extra or anything. My favorite site I've found is mysavings.com.

Yes, sometimes you only get a small amount, but often it''s perfect for travel size! I used to fly a lot (haha, I used to be able to fly for free since my mom works for a airline.) And I've gotten TONS of shampoo and toothpaste. And when you think about it, travel sized things are much more expensive per unit price, so this worked out for  me quite well. Even still, if you don't travel, the one use bottle of shampoo is still good for one whole use. It doesn't save a bunch of money but it all adds up in my book.
Plus I have gotten whole granola bars, sodas (and vitamin water), bags of chips, packs of gum etc.

Is filling out these forms an inefficient use of my time? Maybe. But it's all part of my computer time. You can't be productive 100% of the time, and when I'm on the computer I just pop open a site or two and peruse. I don't spend hours of time on here, searching and researching. Maybe 15 min. Honestly.

And I just love getting free stuff! I've also gotten samples of laundry detergent, cereal (yeah for portion control in those little boxes they send) TONS and I mean tons of tampons and pads, body wash, lotion, even paper towels. I literally accumulated so many samples of diapers and formula and gave then to my sis in law for her baby shower gift.

One tip I have is make another e-mail address. I set up a separate e-mail account because you have to give your e-mail address in the sign up forms and they SO OFTEN send you junk mail. LOTS of junk mail. You do need to be able to access the account because sometimes they send you confirmation e-mails, but this way   it doesn't clog your 'real' e-mail account.

No comments:

Post a Comment