Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Food Waste Wednesday

(Sorry, my phone's in my car which is in Vegas, so no pictures.) Wednesday seems like a good day to do food waste. Last night, Russ and I had a talk about food waste. I tried to get him on board but it didn't quite go the way I'd hoped. He's pretty good about eating what needs to be eaten anyway. This week was another disappointing week however. I wasted
1 chicken breast (that Russ thought was bad, but I maintain was perfectly fine...)
2 chicken breasts that I had defrosted in the fridge overnight but could just not get myself to cook it the next few days and then my small window closed and into the bin they go.
2 c pasta. I made this from a kit that was on sale, but it was so gross Russ and I couldn't even finish what was on our plates. I put it in the fridge knowing I wouldn't eat it. Not to upset about this one.
1 green pepper. I don't even know why I buy these.
Jello cups Raspberry Goji flavor. I did not like these. I ate one of six and let the rest sit in the fridge for who knows long. I finally decided to toss them.
Almost a whole block of cream cheese. I can't even remember buying this!
1 bag (about 1 cup) broccoli. These were for the 2 chicken breasts above. I didn't make that so I didn't make this. Then it turned brown.
Mozzarella
Parmesan- these were both from the back of the fridge. Both were shredded which of course has a smaller shelf life that block. both were moldy.
So that's my list. Pretty bad, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment