Friday, September 18, 2009

Dinner Tonight

I made dinner again tonight! yeah! I'm on a roll. I made Brown Sugar Chicken. The chicken was just okay; Stephanie at A Year of Slow Cooking raved about it, so I was expecting something different, I guess. Russ said he'd eat it again.

The chicken was from a bag of thighs I bought at Costco a LONG time ago, and russ has been after me for a while to make them. (He said he was proud of me for cooking them tonight!!) They cost like $8 and there's like oh 15 in there so that's like um.....54 cents each. I used 4 of them so that's 2.16.
The brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce are (I consider) pantry staples plus I have no clue how much I bought them for, nor how much 2 tbsp would be so...
The lemon-lime soda was 1.39. The recipe only calls for about 1/4 c but I never would have bought it otherwise (yet...I did drink the rest).
I served it with Chicken and Garlic Rice-a-roni that was 1.00. I severely overcooked it, so look for it in future food waste blogs.
And bagged salad that was 1.67 and this was the third and forth servings of the bag, so that's about .83 plus fixings. I'm rounding to 1.00
SO
my total was $5.38.
I would have made it under $5 if I didn't wreck the rice! (It made about 6 servings but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna eat the rest, so I'm counting the whole dollar. ) Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment