Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dinner Tonight

Tonight I made Asian beef patties with Peanut Ramen noodle salad...well, that was the intention. I made the sauce for the ramen and it was gross. Instead, I just used the regular old seasoning packets.
The cost breakdown:
Ground beef: 2.00
Ramen noodles: .16 ea x2
green onion: .20
Salad .75 plus fixings. rounding to 1.00
The sauce I threw out:
peanut butter ~.25
Teriyaki Sauce ~.20
Garlic ~.05
Cider Vinegar ~.25
= .75
Okay. I feel better. If my numbers are correct I only wasted about $1.
Total cost of dinner (including waste): 4.27.
Plus I have lunch for tomorrow.
This dinner was cheap, but only so-so. The salad was the best part. Anyway, I'm glad I used some of the meat in the freezer and the ramen I bought back in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment