Monday, September 28, 2009

Debt Confessions

Okay, so I have debt. As much as I try to be frugal, I have debt. (Actually...my debt inspired my frugality) and I had a plan to help ease my debt but that didn't work. I was declined. Sad. My mom loaned me money for school, about $1000 (I did pay off about $400 already) and then my credit card debt just started somehow racking up. To the tune on $2300. I finally (!) came clean to my mom about my debt and she immediately took action and transferred $2400 into my bank account. So yay! my credit card is finally and officially paid off. I thought this was going to take years! But now I owe my mom just under $3000. Luckily for me she gave me a really low interest rate- because yes, I made her put interest on my loan. Now, I'm going to pack away my credit card and use it only for emergencies! My new debit card is in the mail, and I will try and use cash much more often!
Debt: $3000

No comments:

Post a Comment