Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Under $5

This week I actually have been cooking what I've planned this week. I love when that happens because it is so rare!
I want to cook at home and save money and everything but it's hard for me because 1) I hate my kitchen. It's small and limited and I hate it and I hate being in there. So I don't like to cook in it. 2) I'm too lazy. Honestly, when I've worked a long day and I'm tried, its soooo much easier to go grab food than cook and than clean it all up. So I wuss out.
But Monday and Tuesday, I made dinner and it was what I planned. Yay me!
My goal when I do cook at home is to get the cost of the meal under $5.
Monday I made pasta with salad and zucchini and it came to $4.77!
Last night I made bbq pork sandwiches, corn on the cob, salad and snap peas. It came to right around $5. I can't remember quite what the meat cost, but it was right around $3.
Either way, I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment