Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Food Waste Wednesday

Today I cleaned out my fridge and took an honest look at what was in there, and what I would eat, and what was really was waste. Then I started going through the cabinets and pantry and made the same tough decisions. Sometimes it's just easier to leave in the pantry (or the fridge) and tell yourself that you will eat it eventually.

I did take a photo but for some reason it won't load.

I was going to take inventory to list all that was gone but it made me depressed, so I didn't do it. Now I wish I had, since I don't have the photo.
I remember there was applesauce. It was a 6 pack, and I ate two of the cups and thought it was gross both times. I know I'm never going to finish the other 4, so even though they technically weren't spoiled, I knew I need to get rid of them. There were 2 half boxes of cereal. I bought them and didn't like them, but kept them around thinking I would get to them some day, but I also have other (yummy) cereal I keep eating instead. I'm never going to eat yucky cereal. Out they go. There was a lot of stuff in tupperware at the back of the fridge- scary. some moldy cheese. a protein shake that was gross but decided to put in the fridge instead of the trash. Just gross weird stuff. I'm not going to eat it, and I have TONS of food in the house, so it's just better than I throw them out than hang out to them (and feel guilty whenever I see them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment