Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Following the meal plan

K, here's the thing. I try to follow the meal plan. I made quesadillas last night and had so much leftover I had another one for lunch today. And I switched the stir fry for tonight and it was SUPER yummy. (break: I just threw a bunch of ingredients in a marinade for the chicken and then cooked up some broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, yellow peppers, red onions and pineapple chunks. All over a BIG bed of rice. yummy! And so pretty with every color of the rainbow! Love it!)
So I have leftover rice from tonights adventure- and I still have yellow pepper left and I still haven't cooked up the ground turkey in the fridge SO instead of doing the follow dinner tomorrow night I'm doing stuffed peppers!


I'm gonna mix up the rice with some salsa, corn, and red onion and the ground beef. Saute it all together while the yellow pepper is roasting in the oven. (YUM! It matters!) Then throw the mixture in the middle of the cooked pepper- top it with some of that Monterey jack cheese I gotta use up, and throw it in the oven to melt the cheese. 


That uses up the rest of the pepper and the rice. Gotta do something w/ the rest of the turkey and the cheese (how hard can that be?). 


I have leftover stir fry for lunch tomorrow.  So the sandwich for today got boosted and the lean cuisine meal for tomorrow can wait! 


OH! And I have like 2 stalks of broccoli left, about an 1/8 of a carrot and bits of pieces of red onion that I chopped but didn't want to put in the stir fry. Of course I don't want to throw it away. I figured now is the time to a trick I've heard of for so long and never tried. Puree the leftover veggies and mix it into the spaghetti sauce. More veggies, more sauce, no waste. I just hope it tastes good so it's a win/win/win. 

I have ravioli in the fridge that I'm waiting till Fri to cook. (Next on the list...haha) and so we will try the spag sauce trick then. 



Still gotta use:
mushrooms (I do have a plan- I guess I'll cook these on Sat)
chicken (I have a plan on this too- red beans and rice burrito. This will use some tortillas too)
tortillas*
the rest of the ground turkey
All my fruit: mango, peach, strawberries


I don't want to waste a single thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment