Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crackin' Down

Okay, I gotta get serious now! I need a new car ASAP, unfortunately ASAP is...a long ways away. I need to save every last penny I can in order to afford something decent and pay off these loans. 


I suspended my Netflix account and yes I miss it, but I think I'm good to cancel it for good. (Savings: $10)


Food- I was to eat through my pantry and freezer. There's a bunch of food in my kitchen- I just need to kind of take inventory of everything in my freezer and pantry. 
Along, with this- no wasting food! I cleaned out my fridge yesterday for the first time in a very long time and was shocked by what I found in the back of there. It was gross, but it also added up to a lot of money in just waste. I know better than that! Gotta keep my eye on this and not let it happen again.


My gym membership is up at the end of this year and I can cancel that. I am kind of nervous for this because I am training for the marathon and like having a treadmill, but I can always run on the trails outside, the college track and the Rec center for free. (Saving: $30)


No clothes. I DO NOT need new clothes. In my head, I know this is true. But I like to shop. It's fun. I need to do other things that fill my free times that are still fun. (puzzles, baths...)


I did make my own laundry detergent. I don't know how much that saves me though.


I also want to get back to walking to work. I used to walk to work, but I HATE waking up early to do so. If I do walk, not only will it be better for my health, I  can save that in gas. It may be little but it can add up. 


Lower my energy bill. I've always kept my A/C at a high temp, but now that the days are cooler, I've turned it off completely.  However, I left a lamp on all day while I was at work! NOT good. I've left my fridge a jar, my kitchen light is almost always on. I need to do better. Turn EVERYTHING off! I've even unplugged all the appliances I don't use very often (i.e TV). On average, my bill is $75. Last month, it was $70 so that's better. I want it down to $65 next month.


I just gotta evaluate every purchase I make and really think, do I need this item more than I need a new car? 



No comments:

Post a Comment